Subject: Re: apt-get telefon (N900)

Re: apt-get telefon (N900)

From: Per Andersson <avtobiff_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 13:43:25 +0200

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 2:55 PM, Magnus Sandberg <mem_at_netnod.se> wrote:
> Yes, a life without Emacs and Perl is like a life without a girlfriend
> (the other-one than Eliza).

There are actually people that don't have, and even those who don't want, a
girlfriend. Analogous, there are people who don't have nor want Emacs or Perl.

I get that this was a joke. IMHO it is a bad one, due to the heteronormative and
male hacker norm parts of it. Please take a moment and think about how we become
a more welcoming and friendly group, if we crave freedom and equality in
software we need to crave freedom and equality in the rest of our group as well
(even socially).

--
Per