Subject: Re: Political correctness in FOSS

Re: Political correctness in FOSS

From: Alfred M. Szmidt <ams_at_gnu.org>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 14:32:42 -0400

> mixed, we have to change something. Why should our ways of
> communicate be excluded from change?

   Regarding changes in how we communicate, why is this discussion
   suddenly in english? This is a swedish FOSS group (but I doubt we
   would disallow non-swedes from joining). The use of english here
   could be seen as excluding those participants that prefer to
   communicate in swedish.

   While it is unlikely that the use of english here actually is a
   problem, it does illustrate the point that too much political
   correctness can lead to absurd situations (i.e., we are swedes, so
   why suddenly speak english here?).

Alas, despite your good intentions, there is a group of people here
who are not Swedish, and a group who does not command the Swedish
language eloquently. My point is, "political correctness" is
ultimately a completely silly notion. Just be nice. :-)